Tuesday 24 October 2017

Character Design - Arcs in Motion

Today's lesson was looking at curves in motion. I was put into a group of 4 where we had a selection of different situations and whilst one pair reenacted the scene the other pair would draw the scene in stickman form for the first set of poses, then add some flesh to the character for the rest.

The policeman and the Drunk.

The Bully and the Nerd.

The Mad Scientist.                                                                     Captain Awesome.            
For the rest of the lesson, I started to look into how I wanted my Spirit World to look like and the inhabitants within it. I will be drawing more environment thumbnails soon. I also discussed with Justin more details about the storyline and what I want my character to me like, from this, I wrote out a list of characteristics I would like my Ninja to be.

  • Gender: Female
  • Age: 17
  • Location: Been sent to the Spirit World (part of a ceremony?)
  • Characteristics: Bright, but shy. (big shoes to fill?)
  • Quirks: Slightly clumsy and jumpy as she's still learning.
  • Build: Slight and elegant.
  • Why in the Spirit World: Seek a God/Higher spirit. (Fox?)
  • What's being offered: Her services/soul. (in the form of her weapon, a samurai sword?)

Looking at environments for the Spirit World.


No comments:

Post a Comment