Thank you for the Eye file Alan, it seems to have done the job perfectly! I changed the light samples up to three to tidy up the shadows as well to prevent that graininess from occurring. I did downsize the pupil just slightly so the lighter grey can be seen. The new eyes really have given my character much more believability and less of that dead eye stare it was giving originally. Thank you!
Tuesday, 18 December 2018
I have now added in the throat for my character (including making it shorter) and also sculpted some simple eyebrows onto her. I have been debating whether she should have Fig:1 Eyelashes, Fig:2 Eyelashes or none at all, as they could be adding unnecessary detail into my character and diverting too much from the original.
Monday, 17 December 2018
Thursday, 13 December 2018
Some very fast renders of my work. I still have some work to do such as completing the throat and doing some final nose adjustments. I also want to add some eyebrows if possible and see if eyelashes would work with my character. So far I'm happy with my progress!
Final main adjustments on my character, where I'm creating the arms and hands and making the sleeves work alongside them, keeping in consideration of how the sleeves will hang when my character is stationary. I also need to do some final tweaking to the face and add in the throat.
Wednesday, 12 December 2018
Today's progression. The eyes are pretty much done now and the nose has now had a reshape to make it look more in line with the orthographs. Shoes have now been added and I have started with the hands. My goal is to have this character completely finished and checked over by Alan on Friday so it is completely ready for UV's and rigging. I also need to get the inside of the mouth completed now that the face is pretty much done.
Tuesday, 11 December 2018
Progression of my character designs (with a couple of basic renders) did a small amount on the eyes and also gave my character some well-deserved clothes! modelled the top and trousers today and will be aiming to get the feet done and the arms/hands started. Feeling pleased with my progress so far.
Monday, 10 December 2018
Today's progress was working on the plait and the fringe. The plait is now pretty much finished and now I'm just perfecting the fringe. I am still working on the eyelid on the left side of my characters face and that should hopefully get done tomorrow. I will also see if I can begin work on the body modelling tomorrow as well.
Friday, 7 December 2018
Above is the progress for my eyes, I have been making the eyelids and is still in development, but shouldn't take too long to complete.
I have also had some help from Alan with deciding the best plan of action for the hair to fit in the hairband. It was decided adding a hole in the top to add some extra detail (yet to be added) would be the best option.
The plait is made out of multiple spheres and they will all be connected together to create a single plait. The spheres still need to be physically connected so this isn't quite the final look.
Thursday, 6 December 2018
Some major hair changes and improvements today. It got redone a couple of times to see what worked and this is what I have so far. I also need to make the fringe (debating making a completely new one) as I will keep it clean as I go. Next will be the hairband and the plait itself!
Wednesday, 5 December 2018
This evening I have also started to very very roughly block in some of the hair so I start to get an idea of where that will sit on the face and how I want it to look. The front orthograph of the hair is really far off (which is what I was expecting) so I will be using my main reference from the side view instead as I think that view portrays my characters design the best.
Today's progress has been on the nose (improving the geometry and adding nostrils) The mouth and chin have also been tidied up to match better with the orthographs and a more structured jawline has been added.
Tuesday, 4 December 2018
More progress from today on my character design. Including some major eye improvements, and a better-shaped jaw and mouth. The ears are still being worked upon, but have come on much better now with an added tragus which I think looks much better for the overall character design. Below are also two images of the ear, below was very straight and pulled whereas now it's shaped and looks much cleaner and more professional. (sorry that the screenshots don't portray this better)
Above is currently how far I have managed to get, with improved ears, mouth jaw, eyes and forehead. next, I will be doing some more work on the eyes and the eyelids and also making sure the linework around the ear is clean and crisp.
Monday, 3 December 2018
Working on the ear today, this is my progress so far. Still got some more tweaking to do, but hopefully not too much more. I worked on removing several columns as well in the head as there was too much geometry within the ear itself, causing it to go wavy, however, I did manage to fix that. I'm currently happy with my progress.
After aid from Alan, the head has begun to progress well and my character is looking less scary. There is still a lot of work to do with the eyes as I am struggling with their shape and how to appropriately approach them. Moving on from the eyes I will be finishing up the back of the head and the ears and then moving onto the hair. I would like the hair to have it's own mechanics in the skeleton so that will have to be considered when making the long plait. Hopefully, the body shouldn't take too long as it's not hugely complex. I will also start on my Grandads character design soon after the head is complete on my character as to complete them around the same time. It also means that I should have an easier time completing his design.