Tuesday 5 March 2019

Skinning Update - Character Design - The Cherry Red Shed - Myself






Over the weekend I have been busy modeling my Grandad and have most of him now completed (to be uploaded onto blog soon). Today there have been multiple successes and failures (and an entertaining leg glitch). The source for so many arm problems is the skeleton had moved at some point meaning the pose editor wasn't successfully mirroring over. Between the shoulder and the wrist, there have also been problems where the mirroring was inverting meaning they would all bend in opposite directions when I mirrored anything. This finally got fixed, and the wrists got fixed, it wasn't till soon after the wrists got fixed and mirrored that actually it hadn't worked and my right hand hadn't taken any of the smoothing (so although it would go into the correct position all the small tweaks I had done hadn't transferred over) After some investigation I have found a kink in my mesh that wasn't there before and the version I have without the kink still has an error with the wrist so this will need to be fixed again before I can continue with mirroring over my pose editing to the right wrist.



No comments:

Post a Comment