At the very beginning of this project, I was very excited, but a little nervous to be working with Polly and Paris, as I knew they have done good, professional work in previous projects, and I didn't want to let them down. I feel like I have come on leaps and bounds with lighting, shadows and render quality this year especially with the help of Polly, our team leader who helped me stay on track as I can struggle with time management. If I could improve anything throughout this project I think I'd have started the sound earlier, as there were a couple of issues with it. I also think that I should have more confidence asking Alan about problems in Maya sooner so I can get issues resolved faster, this project was definately a good challenge, but I think I set my expectations for myself too high with the time allocated and should be more aware of this in the next project.
I have learned a great deal from the rest of my group and really enjoyed working on this project. Although there were some slight hiccups along the route I really enjoyed collaborating and would love to do it again in the future. I also think that being in a group I worked harder than I have done in previous projects as not to disappoint and to prove my worth. I also felt a huge sense of pride being able to show my work to the group and them being pleased with what I have created for them.
Overall I really enjoyed collaborating on this project and created animations that I am very proud of. I am thrilled with the amount that I have learned from my group about lighting, shadows, and rendering. I also learned about image bit sizes, banding in images and opacity using Arnold through-out the project, which I will try to take over into our upcoming project. It was a good experience learning how collaboration works and having to compromise with issues when tasks go wrong or there are problems, these are key transferable skills that I can take into the workplace for when I need to collaborate next.